We’re looking to hire a dynamic, ambitious and results-orientated Business Developer to be based in our digital command centre in the Steenberg Office Park, Cape Town.
Role purpose: New Business Development:
The purpose of this role is to support the Digital Command Centre to effectively deliver new business as the main focus and execute client’s paid media campaigns from planning to activation. You will be the day-to-day lead in developing new business relationships and managing client media requests and work closely with all functions and provide the Bastion & Flowe Operations team with the media activation briefs and technical requirements for all projects and campaigns to ensure timely delivery of projects with highly efficient workflow processes. Movement between our Digital Command Centre in Cape Town and numerous client visits in Johannesburg. Travel is highly expected to target and present opportunities naturally.
With so many different tasks being performed by one person it’s easy to get overwhelmed! However don’t worry because we have an experienced staff ready just waiting patiently behind you providing support when needed.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Existing clientele and onboarding on new business
- Be a point of contact for clients with the ability to handle the technical communications and provide high level briefs to be tasked
- Attend catch ups with internal client teams to ensure you are aware of all upcoming campaigns and report on campaign performance.
- Be a trusted, knowledgeable source of information and expert in digital marketing.
- Ability to move with agility and thoroughness
- Be the filter with client communications and provide factual feedback for internal allocation to the team.
- Develop positive relationships that reflect true partnership in achieving the objectives of the client’s business and the goals of the client.
- Having an aura for networking
- Ability to identify opportunity
- Ability to onboard new clients and handle existing client relationships
- Mentally sharp and quick processing
- Work to understand your client’s pressures and internal demands to ensure the Bastion & Flowe Digital Command Centre receives the right information in a concise yet speedy manner – even when on the road and meeting with new clients.
- Achieve a level of relationship with your clients whereby they trust and value your opinions and advice on their digital marketing activity.
- Be reliable; be responsive; have integrity and possess an eagerness to learn all the moving parts.
Excellence in Client Service:
- High focus on new business development
- Effectively set and manage client expectations.
- Understanding individual client needs in broad industries (on specific projects and what lies ahead)
- Ensure all media schedules, forecasts and recommendations are fit for client and it’s easy for Bastion & Flowe Command Centre to access and review (e.g. URLs, Login details, Campaigns to be briefed in, Accurate creatives, Campaign budgets and duration etc).
- Ensure all campaign costs are accurately quoted and campaign forecasts are approved by client
- Ensure media schedules are delivered to and approved by the client prior to the campaign going live.
- Ensure clients are notified immediately of changes to project scope or project costs.
- Ability to manage technical projects and track scope of work
- Provide counsel to client’s marketing issues and opportunities.
- Take responsibility for the reporting back to clients and understanding optimisations of clients’ Performance Media activities to ensure communication back to client is not stalled.
- ensuring that all campaigns are executed to plan through close collaboration with operational team
- Be a master of our internal processes and ensure this is filtered down through your team.
- Lead the day-to-day client relationship, campaign or project development and execution.
- Be responsible for client PO, Scope of work, Cost estimates and invoice management
Performance media campaign planning & creation
- Assist in the development of client performance media strategies to help define KPIs and strategy.
- Take the initial campaign brief and understand metrics and budget allocations
- Be responsible for the development of clear plans and presentations to clients with the assistance of Digital Strategy department.
- Risk based marketing understanding
- Experienced in driving new business
- Minimum 5 years’ agency side experience in a digital strategy and/or execution role
- Previous experience in managing clients in the financial sector highly beneficial
- Good understanding of planning performance media campaigns across the various mechanisms, channels and buying models
- Experience managing a team to deliver best in class client campaigns
- Experience managing senior client relationships
- Be a lover of Tech
- Programmatic advertising understanding
- Articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams,
- Comfortable with showing what data results have been obtained post campaigns
- Fast-paced and sharp minded
- Committed to building a career in a digital space
- Eager to learn
- Discerning people reader
- Ambitious and foresight driven
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- high attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
To note that this role will require extensive travelling nationally, so go-getters and jetsetters need only apply. BEE Role
Apply by completing the online application form below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org